Maps of us


View Camino! in a larger map

Thursday, May 19, 2011

After walking from Villar de Mazariffe to Astorga...

I decided to come home.  Actually my knee decided for me.  Aside from sore tired feet, and tired calf muscles, my knee decided it wasn't happy.  While walking along the ligaments behind my knee decided that they had either been over extended or just stretched too much... especially while going UP hills, or stairs.  Since the next few stages of the Road were up and into the mountains my knee and I decided we would finish the trip next year.  As awesome and beautiful as the whole journey was, I think knees can only take about 175 miles at a shot.  So I am almost home... 


I'll post more photos when I'm at my familiar internet connection...  See you all soon!

3 comments:

  1. You did awsome! I'm sorry your knee started hurting. But you are right to come home. Knees take care and you do want to be able to finish it at a later date! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 175 miles is pretty impressive! Sorry the knees started hurting - it's pretty hard to ignore knee pain. We'll look forward to hearing more stories & seeing more photos when you get home. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete